The process is very easy.
All you need to do is walk to the nearest post office branch, present an I.D and pay 15.10 NIS, as it is legally required. It is only possible to switch your HMO in the post office. If you want to transfer your children, both parents are required to be present at the post office.
Only in CLALIT: the rights and the seniority are preserved
The rights and the membership time you have accumulated in your previous HMO's supplemental insurance transfer with you to the most profitable supplemental insurance program in the country - CLALIT MUSHLAM. All you have to do is to acquire a written authorization for the time of your membership in your previous HMO (so you can receive the same seniority continuity in CLALIT). The HMO is not allowed to charge you for this service.
A quick and easy transformation
In order to transfer your's or your family's medical data, all you have to do is approach your family physician from your previous HMO and ask for a written review of your medical state (for each member of your family). The HMO is not allowed to charge you for this service. Each doctor is legally obliged to grant you a written medical review from you medical file at your request.
There is no need to sign a medical confidentiality waiver and there it is not allowed to require it from you! Legally this information belongs to you. The review or medical reviews and the seniority approve you in transfer to the administrative manager of your new clinic while keeping a photocopy of each document. These documents are important and you should have copies of them.
CLALIT- the right choice
CLALIT - and we have proof - is the best place for the family and the leading organization in the country. For additional information we welcome you to see for yourself why CLALIT is the best choice for the family, for pregnancy and youngsters and why it is the most worthwhile choice for the whole family
When can I transfer?
The signing at the post office depends only on its office hours but a transfer from one HMO to another can legally be carried out 6 times a year: on the 1st of January, March, July, September and November. In order to join CLALIT you have to register in the post office branch in the period of 45 days before one of the mentioned dates.
When will the registration come into force?
- For the person who has completed the registration between September 16 and November 15, the registration will be validated on January 1
- For the person who has completed the registration between November 16 and January 15, the registration will be validated on March 1
- For the person who has completed the registration between January 16 and March 15, the registration will be validated on May 1
- For the person who has completed the registration between March 16 and May 15, the registration will be validated on July 1
- For the person who has completed the registration between May 16 and July 15, the registration will be validated on September 1
- For the person who has completed the registration between July 16 and September 15, the registration will be validated on November 1
You are welcomed to fill out the form and a CLALIT representative will call you back and gladly assist you with the easy and smooth transition
For additional details please contact the information center - *2700
Still not a Clalit customer? Press here